my news ...
2017 - present
- Nov 3: I presented our recent work about Contextual Trust in Physical Sharing Economy at the Sharing Economy Initiative research workshop.
- Oct 4 - 6: I'm attending Grace Hopper Celebration 2017 at Orlando, FL. It was amazing to connect with 17,000 women in tech from all over the world!
- Aug 8: I have TWO papers accepted to CSCW 2018! A shout out to my advisor and all collaborators in supporting me through the 1st year of grad school!
- May 6-11: I'm presenting my Late Breaking Work at Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2017) at Denver, Colorado.
- Apr 4 - 8: I'm attending Computing Research Association - Women (CRA-W) for Grad Cohort 2017 at Washington DC, and presenting my first publication about the self-organized online communities of Mechanical Turk workers!
- Mar 1: my website is live with new domain name - xinyiwang.org!
- Feb 25 - Mar 1: I'm at Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2017) at Portland, OR!
- Feb 10: our work on the self-organized MTurk communities has been accepted to CHI'17 Late Breaking Work, thanks to Dr. Haiyi Zhu, Dr. Joe Konstan, Yu Cui and Yangyun Li!
- Jan 11: Submitted our work on Amazon Mechanical Turk to 2017 CHI Late Breaking Work!
- October 11: Posted my first blog: Hello, world!
- September 21: Submitted our first CHI paper!
- September 6: Officially started PhD in Human-Computer Interaction at GroupLens Research, University of Minnesota!
- August 15: Published my first personal website: xinyi-wang.weebly.com!
- May 15: I officially graduated from University of Minnesota - Twin Cities with a B.A. in Psychology and minor in Statistics!
- May 6: Received 4 awards at 2016 Psychology Undergraduate Celebration:
- January 26: Received $1700 grant from University of Minnesota for my UROP project in spring 2016.
- November 1: I was acknowledged for help in collecting data for Jiang, Sha & Remington (2015).
- October 5: Joined Dr. Haiyi Zhu's lab as Research Assistant, working with graduate student at Grouplens.
- October 1: I was acknowledged for help in collecting data for Jiang & Won (2015).
- September 17: Joined Prof. Deniz Ones' lab and collaborated with her graduate student Mariah Moore on my UROP project: A Meta-Analysis on Dark Triad and Behaviors in the Workplace.
- September 10: I co-founded Industrial/Organizational Psychology Club (IOPC) with Sander Quint and Matt Vrbka to help undergraduates become more involved in I/O psychology by connecting them to peers, graduate students, and faculty with similar interests. We thank Prof. Aaron Schmidt for his help and guidance during this process.
- August 30: Presented my project - Improving Attention through Training - at the 2015 spring & summer Poster Symposium.
- August - November: Project Assistant for Prof. John Kammeyer-Mueller on Measure Chest project with Academy of Management.
- June - August: I interned at Bluestone Physician Services at Still Water, MN as an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist intern.
- March 13: Joined Dr. Le (Betty) Zhou's lab as a Research Assistant at Department of Work and Organization, Carlson School of Management at UMN.
- January 27: Received a grant ($1700) from University of Minnesota on a UROP project (faculty sponsor: Prof. Yuhong Jiang) in summer 2015.
- January - May: Worked for Prof. Jo-Ida Hansen as research assistant at the Center for Interest Measurement Research.
- January - March: I was a Human Resources intern with Environment Minnesota at Minneapolis, MN.
- August 2014 - August 2015: I was research assistant for Prof. Yuhong Jiang at her Attention, Memory and Cognition lab.
- September - November: I was a Media Intern covering the 2014 U.S. Open Racquetball Championships at Minneapolis, MN.
- July - August: I was one of the Marketing Committee of TEDx while attending the Semester At Sea program at Stockholm, Sweden.
- June - August: I had a wonderful once-in-a-lifetime experience studying and traveling with Semester At Sea. We took 3 courses from professors around the world on MV Explorer (our home cruise) while visiting 10 countries and 11 regions during 66 days of this trip!
- May 1: I was elected as President of Psychology International Student Association (PISA) for the year 2015-2016 after serving as Vice President for the year 2014-2015.
- May 1: Resigned from my position as the Vice President of Students’ Association Union of BeiHang University.
- October 2013 – January 2014: I work-studied at Fresh Food Company.
- May: I was pre-accepted to the Graduate Program at Beihang University in my sophomore year.
- May: I won the Gold Medal on the 23rd “FengRu Cup” Students Academic, Scientific & Technological Works Competition in Beijing, China with my project 论伯克修辞学和“五体三维”新模型在公众演讲中的应用.
- April - August: Worked with Dr. Weina Qu and Dr. Yan Ge at Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Science (中科院心理所).
- June: Received an Honorable Award in “Smile at Beihang” Photography Competition.
- May: Recognized as the Best Debater 2012 on the Annual Debate Competition of Beihang University.
- January – February: I was a volunteer English Teacher in the Rainbow Primary School at Chengdu, China.
- December: Recognized as "Outstanding Coordinator of Year 2011" of the Public Relations Department.
- September 2011 - May 2014: Vice president (2013-2014), Director (2012-2013) and general member (2011-2012) of Students’ Association Union of BeiHang University (北航社联).
- September 2011 – June 2012: I was the Event Coordinator of the Council of Undergraduate Student of Beihang University.
- September 1: Started my college years at Beihang University!
- June: I officially graduated with honor from Chengdu Foreign Languages School.
- March: I was accepted for Early Admission to Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics without requiring entrance examination tests!